Webb Law Group proudly takes you inside a real case that was handled by our firm. While names have been omitted for privacy purposes, we will approach the matter of a breach of contract within the context of this real case. We will take you from the complaint to the conclusion, providing a segue from legal problem to solution, with the strong support of Webb Law Group’s team of attorneys and staff.
In this case, the plaintiff was filing a complaint for breach of contract, as well as negligent misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, and breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing. The facts in this case are as follows:
- On August 15th, 2015, the plaintiff entered into a contract with the defendant to purchase custom made furniture. There were three invoices totaling $6802.41 that the plaintiff paid for.
- Accepting the defendant as an authorized reseller of said items, the plaintiff entered into an agreement with the defendant.
- The plaintiff never received anything that was ordered.
- The plaintiff attempted to contact the defendant multiple times only to reach the defendant’s coworker and was informed that the products were never ordered. It has been several months since the plaintiff has received any update.
- Plaintiff reached out for a copy of the order and confirmation that the order was placed. The plaintiff also requested for the money to be refunded, but the defendant remained unresponsive.
- Defendant remains employed by the company from which these items are to be produced from. The company manager is responsible for the actions of her employees acting on behalf of the company as she is the owner.
- Based on the facts in the case, the plaintiff believes the defendant has taken the plaintiff’s money with no intention of ever using it for its intended use.
- The plaintiff is seeking damages including the original payment, interest, and attorney fees from either the defendant who took her money or the defendant who owns the company where the employee works.
Webb Law Group Resolves the Legal Matter
Webb Law Group was retained by the plaintiff in this matter and was able to resolve the legal issue without going to trial. The settlement amount totaled $16,391.67, as they were able to retain the original payment, interest, and attorney fees.
The plaintiff was happy with the resolution in this matter and their decision to retain Webb Law Group for their representation.
Finding a Professional California Business Attorney
Webb Law Group is a reputable business law firm with experience in matters involving California law, including handling breach of contract cases. Having a reputable attorney by your side for these matters will help give you the best possible chance of a positive outcome in your case. If you feel you need legal representation, we are happy to review your legal needs and provide consultation and support where necessary.
For questions, or to schedule a consultation, contact us today at 559.431.4888 (Fresno) or 619.399.7700 (San Diego).